3 students at school for deaf sickened by pot brownies

3 students at school for deaf sickened by pot brownies

RIVERSIDE, Calif. (AP) – Three girls at a Southern California school for the deaf have been hospitalized after eating marijuana brownies.

The Riverside Press-Enterprise says the girls, who attend California School for the Deaf, Riverside, became sick on Wednesday after eating the brownies.

They were treated at a hospital.

The school is for hard-of-hearing students in grades from kindergarten through 12th grade.

School officials say they’re investigating the incident.

Copyright 2015 The Associated Press.

About The Author

Eduardo Santiago joined the FOX 9 and ABC 5 news team in February, 2012. That’s the same year KECY launched its very first local newscast. He has been covering local news in Yuma and the Imperial Valley since his start as a KYMA photojournalist in 2006. During his decade in broadcasting, Eduardo has covered some of the biggest stories in the Desert Southwest – from President Bush’s visit to Yuma, Ariz. to the uncovering of drug tunnels that span the US-Mexico border. One of the most memorable stories Eduardo covered was the 2010 Easter Earthquake that rocked the Imperial Valley, Mexicali, and Yuma. Eduardo, along with his news team, won an award from the Associated Press for best coverage of an ongoing story following the quake. Before he made his move to TV, Eduardo was just a kid born in East Los Angeles, where he spent his early childhood. His parents moved him to Mexicali, B.C. Mexico, where he did most of his elementary school education. He finally landed in El Centro, where he graduated from Central Union High School in 2005. Eduardo is currently a student at Imperial Valley College. You can find Eduardo hanging out in the Imperial Valley and Yuma with his family on any given weekend. His off-screen passion is playing guitar and sports.

Related posts