PHOENIX (AP) – The reward for information leading to an arrest and conviction in a string of Phoenix highway shootings now stands at $50,000.
Arizona Department of Public Safety Director Frank Milstead announced at a news conference Monday that the Silent Witness reward has been raised from $20,000.
He says the additional money is coming from the DPS, the Arizona Highway Patrol, the Fraternal Order of Police, the Maricopa County Attorney’s Office, the U.S. Marshals Service and other agencies.
Authorities say 11 vehicles have been struck on Phoenix-area highways since Aug. 29.
Eight were hit by bullets and three by projectiles such as BBs and pellets.
Milstead says about 550 of the nearly 1,000 tips received so far are being investigated.
He says someone out there knows something about the shootings.
Copyright 2015 The Associated Press.